Sunday, May 31, 2009
MIDPOINT REFLECTION
What is similar and different about the culture of the school environment versus the workplace environment?
The similar part I think is that in both you have to do work and you can learn new things, but the environment is not the same, in school is a lot of noise and people yelling, but in a workplace is more quiet and like 5 people in their own desk.

What new skills have you learned that apply to the workplace? Which of these are transferable skills? One skill that I learn Is Organized Skill. In my internship site we were putting the files in alphabetic order by the last name.

What kind of relationship do you have with your mentor and co-workers? How have you grown as a result of interacting with professional adults? What kinds of communication (verbal and non-verbal skills) have you gained?
my relationship with my mentor and co-workers was very good, with Jasmin we had more communication because she always tried to help us and teaching us about different things for summer programs, but after she resigned her position as secretary everything changed. Bennie our new mentor she was nice with us, but we didn't have a lot of communication because she was always doing the hard work.

What challenges at the internship have you faced that you have overcome and how did you overcome them? The mos difficult thing was to speak in English with my mentor because i felt that my English was not good and another thing because I'm very shy and confident to speak with people when i don't know them.

What challenges have you faced in school as a result of the altered schedule and how are you handling them? now that we have much less time in school, the work that is given to us is very much, making homework . it is very frustrating because sometimes i get home late and very tired to do my homework.

What goals are you working to accomplish during the remaining five weeks of the internship?
my goals are to completed all my missing hours of work

What new things have you learned about New York City?
well i haven't learned anything about New York for now
posted by SiLvia at 5:56 PM -
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me
Name: SiLvia
Home:
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie