Thursday, March 26, 2009
VOCABULARY OF WEEK 5
TEMPLATE:

1. Word / Phrase:
Gallery
Meaning: to me this means a room or building for displaying works of art.

Context: I saw this word on my internship walls.

2. Word / Phrase: Archetypical
Meaning: to me this means to represent an original type after which other similar things are patterned.
Context: I hear it from Hector Canonge he is an artist that came to my internship.

3. Word / Phrase: Acculturation
Meaning: this word can describe both cross-cultural or intercultural borrowing and the process by which person acquire knowledge of the culture in which they live. Context: i saw it in one application that my mentor gave to us.

4. Word / Phrase: Acrylic
Meaning:
a plastic-based painting medium which, because it is water soluble, dries quickly and cleans up easily.
Context: in my mentor's office is an acrylic blackboard and she put all the events days.

5. Word / Phrase: Air Brush
Meaning: a device which sprays paint with compressed air to offer a broad range of applications, from wide patches of paint to thin mists enabling precise details. Context:all Wanda Ortiz use air brush to paint her art works.
posted by SiLvia at 6:32 AM -
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me
Name: SiLvia
Home:
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie